Wednesday, August 17, 2011

V-Star 650/1100 good starter bike?

I've been looking for a good starter bike the past few months and I was starting to get discouraged having looked into the smaller 250 - 500cc bikes on the market. That was until i came across the V-Star 650. What an awesome and comfortable bike! I'd like a bike that not only looks good but will handle highway speeds comfortably on my commute to work, something the 250-500cc bike won't do. I'm not concerned with the in town ride as much as on the highway because I live out in the country and the only way out are roads in excess of 90-100kmh (55-60 mph). Anyway, so I'm really interested in the V-Star 650 but I was wondering for the difference in price and weight (about 2000 cdn and 90lbs) would it unwise to get 1100 over 650? I'm not a speed freak, I would just like to not have to upgrade so soon. BTW I am 6ft 175lbs and I am taking the safety course in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment