Monday, August 15, 2011

My grandmother is obese, and it concerns me greatly. Is there anything I can do?

You are being truthful that your grandmother is obese...this is not mean...just facts. And it's also true that this is affecting everything about her health. Yes, she needs to lose weight. But the only person who can start this process is her. You can encourage, but in the end, it's up to her. You might ask her if she needs information about losing weight, you might even start walking with her, but you might watch her give up. Sometimes that happens with elderly people...if they feel there's nothing left. You also might want to talk to her doctor...she might be depressed too...and maybe the doctor can help with meds and counseling. Dear Heart, that's all you can do. I wish you well, and I hope things work for you, but sometimes life is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment