Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How does one go about meeting someone new?

'Question. I just moved to the area to attend college in August of last year. I was really ready to meet people and make friends. About halfway through the semester someone said that I should get an account on Facebook to meet people. So I did. Well, after going to church 'religiously' twice a Sun and joining a few clubs here and there at college I still found myself without anyone to 'hang out with. Yes I have met people, but when they p me in the hallway I am ignored just like they did not ever meet me. I have been on Facebook for almost a year now and I have tried to add friends on there, but no one accepts my add, and not one person has added me (not even 'spammers'). The page is fully filled out with my own interests and likes, so I have put myself out there. I just don't get it. My parents were in the Military, so I had to move around alot while I was younger so I never really got close to a group of people. I would really like to do so, but it just seems as if I am an 'oddity' for people to look at but not to interact with. I was under the impression that could get a group of friends to 'hang out' with in college, but it's like no one wants to get to know anything about me. The people I have met go on 'outings' as I overhear them talking about them, but I haven't been invited anywhere. I don't feel like I should impose by asking to be invited somewhere. It would be nice to be invited somewhere, but I don't know what to do. I have been here almost a full year and still do not know anyone here as far as students. Even the people in the clubs I am in, and the tutoring center I go to just treat me as a 'customer.' I can't help but feel that I am not doing something I should be doing, or I am doing something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment